About Online Software
There are many innovations that are regularly developed and deployed in the online software world. In the main the developers of applications (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc) will base their work on web standard specifications.
There is a downside to this process as two different developers may interpret the same specification differently and we end up with in simple cases a different "look" and in bad cases things that just "don't work" on some systems.
What approach does Recruit Online take?
We never want to be left behind and are always looking to temper our rock solid stability with new innovations. In some cases new innovations are not supported in all browsers so we do tend to find a happy medium between the two.
We, where possible, code to web standards and this means that those on reasonably "current" systems get those benefits right away whereas those on old machines perhaps not.
The end of Microsoft Windows XP
This does not apply to Mozilla Firefox on Windows XP which is free.
We would like to support any web GUI based browser that our customers use however with the ever changing combinations of browsers and operating systems there is no way we can test everyone of them.
- Supported browser
- Mozilla Firefox - this is the one we develop Recruit Online on
- Tested browsers
- Google Chrome - Free : https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Internet Explorer
- Mac Safari
Desired Screen Resolution
Screen resolution is the number of pixels (dots) that your monitor has. These days there are many different types of screens in common use such as traditional monitors, flat panels, tablets, laptops, projectors and phones.
We develop Recruit Online in a width of 1024 pixels and try to fit most of the screen in the first 768 pixels of height. You can use Recruit Online with any settings you want however the visual appeal of the software may change if its less than 1024 pixels wide.
- Use and update the latest version of your preferred browser
- If you are using a legacy operating system like Windows XP install a current browser from the other free alternatives
- If you use a tested browser and encounter an issue please let us know so that we can rectify it. If you cannot undertake your use of Recruit Online then switch to a supported browser to avoid down time