The hours editor within ROL allows users to enter payroll hours against bookings and export to payROL. This method is a quicker way of adding transactions (pays) into payROL manually.
ROL -> "Tools" -> 'Enter Hours'
Any hours entered into the fields on this report and exported into payROL will create a transaction row. Please be aware, if you have a candidate with more than one booking for the same week ending date on ROL, to ensure the correct hours are entered onto the correct booking as this may cause duplicated transaction rows due to user error.
The pay code X does not have an item with the #ID of Y
The pay code #1133 does not have an item with the #ID of 49 in PayROL. Temp Order Row ID: 20325 Hours Export Row ID: 37637
This is caused by a user undertaking the following steps:
- The user sets up an order in the system
- The user enters hours against that order
- The user changes the Pay Code that is linked to the order
- The user attempts to export the hours
- The error is shown and processing of the export is stopped
The hours are captured on a weekly basis and are linked by the Booking #ID, Week Ending Date [Sunday] and the payROL Pay Code (eg: for "Normal Hours"). By changing the Pay Code against the Booking, the system can no longer relate the rows that have been previously entered against the new Pay Code because the payROL Pay Code has changed (and therefore the child Pay Code Item #IDs have also changed).
If an employee works two different jobs (with two different Pay Codes) then open two bookings for them. If the error is generated then mark the booking as "DE Error" and enter a new one with the correct parameters.
Whilst it is possible to change the Pay Code prior to entering hours each week this practice is not recommended or supported.
There are no boxes to enter hours into?
All of the information that is shown in the Hours Editor from a pay code item point of view (Normal hours, Time&Half, etc) come from PayROL. If no hours entry boxes are shown then one of two issues need to be resolved:
- The Charge Rates Schedule (ROL) needs to have a Pay Code ID# (PayROL) against it
- This is done when editing the Charge Rates Schedule or by exporting the Charge Rates Schedule
- The Charge Rates Schedule (ROL) has a Pay Code ID# (PayROL) against it but the Pay Code has no rows